ABC/Randy HolmesIggy Azalea is the musical guest for this weekend’s Saturday Night Live, hosted by Jim Carrey, and she can’t hold her laughter as he assumes the identity of rapper “J. Care” in one of the show's video promos. With a chest full of gold chains, Carrey has the TV crew roaring as his gold grill drops out of his mouth while he was “dropping mad rhymes and jokes.”
Azalea announces, “It’s going to be a Halloween-themed party bash,” and he tells her what is really scary is, “Trying to love me.” The Dumb and Dumber To star also has fun with various pronunciations of her name.
Azalea will perform her new single “Beg for It” with MØ. Saturday Night Live airs 11:30 p.m. ET on NBC.
Reclassified, an expanded reissue of Iggy's debut album, The New Classic, is now available for pre-order and will be released November 24.
Photo by Barbara Zanon/Redferns via Getty Images(NEW YORK) -- Jack Bruce, bass player for legendary supergroup Cream, has died. He was 71.
"It is with great sadness that we, Jack's family, announce the passing of our beloved Jack: husband, father, granddad, and all round legend," the landing page of Bruce's website read. "The world of music will be a poorer place without him, but he lives on in his music and forever in our hearts."
Bruce formed Cream in the mid-sixties with guitarist Eric Clapton and drummer Ginger Baker; their name came from the notion all three of them were the "the cream of the crop" on their respective instruments. In addition to playing bass, Bruce also sang many of the band's best known tunes, and co-wrote classics like "Sunshine of Your Love," "White Room" and "I Feel Free." Bruce's bass playing influenced a generation of musicians, including Sting, and Geddy Lee of Rush.
"The sudden passing of Jack Bruce is terribly sad news," Lee told ABC News on Saturday. "One of the greatest rock bassists to ever live and a true and profound inspiration to countless musicians. He was one of my first bass heroes and was a major influence on my playing and my music. My heartfelt condolences to his family and fans."
After Cream split in 1968, Bruce continued to play live, and release albums, both solo and as part of various groups, such as the blues trio West, Bruce & Laing. In 1993, for the first time in 25 years, Cream reformed to perform together: the occasion was their induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Cream reunited in 2005 at the Royal Albert Hall in London for a series of four shows, and for a single show at New York's Madison Square Garden. The shows were recorded and released as a live CD and DVD.
In 2012, Bruce told ABC News that there had been talk of another reunion in 2013, but that it looked like it wasn't going to happen because Ginger Baker was once again on the outs with Eric Clapton. While Bruce said he knows that there's a lot of love for Cream, and he wouldn't be "churlish" enough to refuse to do a couple of reunion concerts at some point, he noted, "I've got so many other things happening and I don't wanna be a tribute band to myself."
Bruce continued to tour and record; his most recent album, Silver Rails, came out this past March. Asked in 2012 what kept him going, Bruce told ABC News, "I think the music helps to keep you going and if you think about some of the great classical instrumentalists as well as uh, as well as conductors and so on, the music....you can tell after you finished a concert, you feel and look ten years younger, you know? Everyone should be a musician!"
Rolling Stone contributing editor Anthony DeCurtis told ABC News that while Bruce isn't always remembered for his singing, his unique vocal style helped define Cream's sound. "'Sunshine of Your Love,' 'White Room,' both of those songs have Jack Bruce in the lead vocal," notes DeCurtis. "Not only was he a great bass player, but he was a powerful, very emotional singer and he gave that group both a muscular sound and also a muscular delivery in the vocals."
DeCurtis says that Bruce, along with Baker and Clapton, laid the groundwork for the music of the seventies. "Led Zeppelin, for example, is a band that was influenced by Cream," he says. "They defined a style of rock-and-roll that made you take rock-and-roll seriously because these guys were amazing players. They weren't just teenagers bashing around."
"The sudden passing of Jack Bruce is terribly sad news. One of the greatest rock bassists to ever live and a true and profound inspiration to countless musicians. He was one of my first bass heroes and was a major influence on my playing and my music. My heartfelt condolences to his family and fans."
Ryan wants to send you on a fall entertaining shopping spree at Sams Club.
Enter for your chance to win a Sams Plus Membership and a $1,000 Sam’s Club eGift Card for your fall entertaining needs!
There is no better place to get fall savings than Sams Club. Hurry in to discover great values on this seasons newest arrivals, plus save big on the brands you trust. Sam’s Club. Life is better in the club.
Ryan Seacrests Fall Entertaining Sweepstakes
Ryan Seacrests Fall Entertaining Sweepstakes
AMENDED OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Ryan Seacrests Fall Entertaining Sweepstakes (the Sweepstakes) begins at 12:00:01am Pacific Time (PT) on October 25, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59pm PT on October 31, 2014 (the Promotion Period). All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Administrators (as defined below) computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. If a participant has not reached the age of majority in his/her primary state of residence as of the date of entry into the Sweepstakes (which is eighteen (18) years old in most states but is nineteen (19) years old in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) years old in Mississippi), then the participant must obtain parental consent in order to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Parental consent occurs when the parent or legal guardian of a minor participant who has not reached the age of legal majority in their residing state, grants permission for the minor participant to participate and agrees on behalf of himself/herself and the minor participant to these Official Rules. Notwithstanding the determined age requirement set forth above, it is strictly prohibited for anyone who does not meet the age requirement as of the date of entry to be allowed to participate in the Sweepstakes and no one under the age of thirteen (13) shall be permitted to enter any sweepstakes at any time, under any circumstances. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Individuals who have won a prize from the Sponsor (as defined below) within one hundred eighty (180) days prior to the start date of this Sweepstakes are not eligible to enter or win.
Employees of Premiere Radio Networks, Inc. (the Sponsor) (a subsidiary owned and operated by iHeartMedia Entertainment, Inc.), Ryan Seacrest Productions (the Administrator), On Air with Ryan Seacrest and American Top 40 with Ryan Seacrest (together, the Radio Show), Sams West, Inc. (the Prize Provider and Sams Club), iHeartMedia Entertainment, Inc., any affiliated promotional partners, any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service, each radio station contracted to broadcast the Radio Show, and each of the foregoings respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and each of their employees, talent, artists, volunteers, shareholders, contractors, agents, and advertising agencies (collectively, the Sweepstakes Entities), as well as members of the immediate family of any such persons, are not eligible to participate and win. The term immediate family includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as in-laws, or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, submit your entry by visiting http://www.RyanSeacrest.com or http://www.AT40.com and follow the Sweepstakes link to review the submission guidelines and complete all required information in the online entry form.
Entries limited to one (1) entry per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple participants are not allowed to use the same email address. Any attempt by a participant to acquire more than the sated number of entries by using numerous email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that participants entries and that participant may be disqualified. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Should multiple users of the same email account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the participant, the authorized account holder of said email account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the participant. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, online service provider, mobile service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning email addresses, mobile phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Sweepstakes winner(s) will be selected from online entries only. Where applicable, one (1) prize per person/household. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with the Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
4. PRIZE DRAWING / WINNER NOTIFICATION: On or about three (3) weekdays after the end date of the Sweepstakes, one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
By participating, you agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) as between you and the Sponsor, that the decisions of the Sponsor is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes; (c) you are not participating on behalf of any employer or third party; (d) in the event that you do not comply with these Official Rules, that you will be disqualified and your prize (if any) will be forfeited; and (e) (when applicable) the potential winner and/or finalist must be available to participate in any portion to the Sweepstakes that participation may be required to be considered eligible.
Potential winner(s) is subject to verification, including verification of eligibility. If a participant is unable to verify his/her information, the participant will automatically be disqualified and their prize, if any, will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves at its sole discretion the right to not award the prize or to determine an alternate winner or finalist (if applicable) in accordance with the Official Rules in the event that that any winner or finalist has been disqualified, cannot be contacted, or is deemed ineligible for any reason, or is not available to participate in any applicable Sweepstakes events.
The potential winner(s) will be notified by the telephone, mail, and/or email provided at registration on or about three (3) weekdays after winner selection and will be given five (5) calendar days to confirm receipt of notification. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an email or any other form of communication Sponsor may use to contact a potential winner. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of participants. The Sponsor is not obligated to leave a voice mail, answering machine, or other message. If a potential winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the entry form, is disqualified, or deemed ineligible, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion and if time permits.
5. PRIZE(S): ONE (1) PRIZE: One (1) one thousand dollar ($1,000.00) Sams Club electronic gift card (the Promotional Card) (Retail Value (RV): $1,000.00) and one (1) Sams Club Plus Membership (the Membership) (RV: $100.00). The total RV of all prizes is $1,100.00. Prize provided by Prize Provider.
All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed as stated in the prize notification or otherwise stated in the Official Rules. Failure to collect or properly claim any prize in accordance with these Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited for any reason, winner will not receive any other prize substitution or compensation, and the prize will remain the property of the Sweepstakes Entities and will not be awarded, except as provided herein. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third party fulfillment company. The Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities are not in any way responsible or liable for damages resulting from shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded in this Sweepstakes. The prize(s) are awarded if properly claimed according to the Official Rules and if there are sufficient eligible entries. The Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities do not make, and are not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. All other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sweepstakes Entities. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner, in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
6. RELEASE FORM: The potential winner(s) and, if a potential prize winner is under the age of the majority in his/her state of residence (as noted in Section 2 above), the potential prize winner's parent or guardian, will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the Affidavit) within fourteen (14) calendar days after the first (1st) delivery attempt to participants email address in order for the potential winner to be qualified for the prize. A potential winners failure to return all required forms within this time period may result in the potential winner being disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. The potential winner will be subject to a verification process, to include winners name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, email address, and social security number or taxpayer identification number and any other information required to be provided to obtain the Membership. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential winner(s) or for any late, misdirected, or if the potential winner is a minor, for late, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent. If the potential winner does not claim the prize within the appropriate time given upon notification or unless otherwise stated herein, the participant will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be substituted.
9. RELEASES AND CONDITIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Sponsor, its employees and agents, the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the award, receipt and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. As a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree and acknowledge that in order to receive a prize, participants must sign an Affidavit provided by the Sponsor and agree to the terms herein, including but not limited to, the prize conditions in this paragraph. The prize(s) are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. Winner(s) and, where applicable, winners guest(s) must comply with all Official Rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize in its entirety. The prize elements will be awarded as described herein (subject to legal restrictions, etc). If a winner is disqualified or is found to be ineligible for the sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award the prize, at its sole discretion. By accepting the prize, winner(s) must agree to the prize conditions on participation and must sign an Affidavit to be eligible to receive a prize and hereby agrees that: (i) that all decisions of the Sponsor, any judges, and Sweepstakes Entities with respect to the Sweepstakes are final and binding; (ii) to release the Sponsor, Radio Show, and Sweepstakes Entities and their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Sweepstakes and the award or use of the prize(s); (iii) to allow the Sponsor to and Sweepstakes Entities to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses, biographical material, in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Sweepstakes, without additional financial or other compensation; and (iv) where allowed by law, sign a Publicity Release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize; and (v) provide a valid email address to the Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities to use to deliver the Prizes and (vi) necessary personal information (including but not limited to, name, address, email address, age, drivers license number, social security number, and other personal information deemed necessary) to Sams Club in order to set up a Membership. Winner of prizes is subject to all terms and conditions of the Membership. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible or liable to any participant or winner or any person claiming through such participant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities sole control. All taxes, related fees, other costs and expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities do not make, and are not responsible in any manner for, any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to any prizes, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the prize, including, without limitation, its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. The Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner(s).
10. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Winner(s) are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Winner(s) must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600.00 in prizes from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
11. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these Official Rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsors decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the co
Idol is hyping its renewed season by airing the first super-teaser, which previews more hilarious moments from the judges, heartwarming stories from the contestants, and those infamous satirical performances in between.
Who will be the country’s next singing sensation? Follow the journey by tuning in to American Idol this January on FOX.
Check out a few of the highlights from the super-teaser to look forward to on season 14: